Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 18, 2010

Hello from Mesa!

(NOTE: the 1st comment is in reference to Camren's fall and trip to the Emergency room the night before)...

How's life for everyone? Sounds like some fun stuff going on. It sounds like Cam is getting toughened up for Isshin-Ryu when I get back. (Dad will get the Joke. And Brother Blake. ;-] ) So anywho. . . .

I did get a package from Alexandra and Elisha (and their mom and dad :-])! It came yesterday-- a delicious looking box of chocolates. I'm way excited. :-) I'll be sending a thank you card today hopefully. But if you would let them know that I got it and I really appreciate it that would be great.

And I was. . . *laugh* . . . really sorry. . . . *laugh* . . . . to hear that Kaydee. . . . *laugh* . . . . got a "B." I was really rooting for her. . . . lol. Hey, I can laugh all I want now, 'cause I haven't taken that class yet. My GPA is still a perfect, fantastic, amazing, unblemished 4.0. Now I just have to figure out how to NOT take a math class. lol. What other majors do they have at BYU-H? lol.

Seriously, though, I was wondering how hard it would be to change my major later on if I wanted to. I'm still not completely sure what I want to do with my life. lol. I've even been thinking about a psychology major lately. I don't know! lol.

So, now to my week.

It was a really neat week. Again! We had a lot of really neat miracles happen. But it was also very stressful.

First of all, we had our baptism scheduled for Saturday, so we had to call the building coordinator to reserve the building and the font to do the baptism. Well, we called him a week or so in advance, left a message, and he never got back to us. I began to stress out a little, as the baptism was getting closer and closer. We finally got a hold of him Thursday morning--two days before the baptism-- and he told us there was an activity on that Saturday. What?! The ward had already announced it and everything! He told us to call the guy in charge of the activity and see if we could work it out with him.

So we called the other guy. And then we called him again. And again. And Again. No response. We began praying for a miracle: that we would get a hold of him and that everything would work out. We looked into other options, did everything that we could, and left the rest up to Heavenly Father. Finally Friday afternoon he called. He told us that we could in fact use the building. Yay!

And so the baptism went well. We got there a little late setting up, so the font didn't get turned on at the right time, so it was still filling a little during the service. But it filled up in time and everything went well. Josh was really excited to get baptized-- he was practically jumping up and down he was so excited. lol. We're really happy for him. The service was really good, and a lot of people turned out for the service.

And, to make the week better, we once again broke my personal record for lessons taught in a week. The work is picking up ridiculously fast, and blessings are pouring in! We have been praying really hard that our lessons would hold, and we've done the best that we could to help those we were teaching to keep their appointments. And they did. Almost all of our appointments went through, which is a huge miracle in and of itself. That was amazing.

And that's still not all. As our week was coming to a close, we realized that we had not found anyone new to teach that week. With the other miracle that I had seen, I began to feel like Enos when he said that, after he had seen so many answers to his prayers "my faith began to be unshaken in the Lord." So we prayed. At the very last hour of the last day of the week, we found Shane. My companion began talking to him, and I was praying as hard as I ever have, and he invited us to come in and teach him. Wow.

The bible dictionary teaches that "Christianity is founded on the greatest of all miracles, the resurrection of our Lord. If that be admitted, other miracles cease to be improbable." I've seen that this week for sure. Nothing is impossible or improbable.

It was a really, really good week. And then to top it all off, yesterday was Zone Conference. That was really good to. The principles that were taught were really good, and well needed. One thing we talked a lot about was miracles. Ironic, huh?

I love you all, and I'm glad to hear things are going well.
--Jason

P.S. Love you Cameron!

No comments:

Post a Comment