Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11, 2010



Above..... Camren talking to Uncle Jason on Mother's day. We loved hearing the squeals!
Jason says..... Ha ha ha. These are my favorite pics. lol

Hola familia!

How is everything going for everyone this week? Sounds like things are going well, from the emails/ phone call. I really liked mom's email, by the way. That was really funny. But everyone aimed comments more at Kaydee than me, lol. Doesn't persuade me much either way, lol. It was really funny to read. Some of the comments were even legit, lol. Well, I'll get you caught up with all the crazy stuff that's happening here.

Now that Elder Coltrin is home (as of Monday Morning) for health reason, I now have a new companion. His name is Elder Moore, and he's from Kaysville (spelling?), Utah. He's been out for 18 months, almost as long as I have been out. He was my baby boys second companion, and he's served in two of my areas (Mesa and Phx), so it's kind of fun to talk about people that we both know. Never really been able to do that much before. :-) This is the SECOND time that I have had three companions in one area. That doesn't happen often, so I guess I'm just that lucky. Or unlucky. (It depends on how you want to look at it.)

Things are going well here. We're working hard and getting a lot of good things done. The most exciting thing right now is the upcoming baptism. Josh was interviewed on Saturday and now is all set to get baptized this coming Saturday at 6:00pm. We are all looking forward to that. Josh is awesome and surprized me with how much he understood and remembered when we went over the questions he would be asked in the baptismal interview. Jason, his dad is working on following him soon after. It's been a great experience so far working with the two of them.

There has also been a lot of progress with all of the other people that we are working with as well. The gospel is a neat thing-- the more you learn, the more you realize you don't know much, and the more you want to learn. I've been able to notice some really amazing changes in people as they follow the invitations that we extend to help them live more like the Savior. A common misconception that I am noticing lately is that people tend to think that God will not be happy with them until they live exactly how he wants. If that were the case, we'd all be in trouble. God loves us regardless, but he wants us to follow him. We taught a guy yesterday named James, and we talked about what it means to repent and about how our Father is there to help us no matter what. It was a great experience.

We've had a lot of great experiences.

As for the Pineapple verses the Potato issue:
I will do whatever Kaydee and Kellie can agree on.

Ha ha ha! :-p As if that would happen, lol. Seriously, though, here are my thoughts on the subject.

I've been thinking about both choices and what might be best. After all that effort (yes, thinking takes a lot of effort for me) I don't feel that it is really going to be that much of a life altering descision. After praying about it and thinking about it, I feel that either one would be a good choice. So, if it would work out, I wouldn't mind going with Kaydee to the great land of Hawaii. If Kaydee feels good about it, then so do I. I would be willing to go there for a few semesters and then transferring over after that.


BTW: I've decided that, after a mission, Chili's might not be a bad job, lol. Tell them to save a spot for Sept.-Dec. :-)

Speaking of, what ever happened to the graphic design job for Kassie?

Thanks family, I love you all.

Uncle Elder Jason Mace
The coolest uncle elder in the Oh-No mission

PS.... Kellie's side note: No prob bro.... So I guess you don't trust my opinion and Idaho? :-P Can we just pretend like you didn't answer yet? I was getting some good stuff ready for that package to send to convince you to go to Idaho :-P

And Jason's response back: You can still change my mind with oreo's. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment