Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 29, 2009

Hey family!
What's happening?
I guess the top story is Kellie's baby moved, 'cause everyone talked about that. :-) Yay! And. . . . Happy anniversary to Kellie and Alex.

Mom: All of my stuff is holding up just fine, so I think I'm still set for now. My shoes are still awesome (:-D), my shirts are still white (or white enough), and nothing is broken yet. And, I haven't gained a single stinking pound, so everything still fits as well. :-( Everyone else in the mission has been gaining weight-- I'm the only one that doesn't seem to be. Oh well.
Not too much happened this week in the way of exciting news. We managed to street contact an astounding 175 people this week, which is pretty darn good. It's not a crazy number, but it's good. We also went on exchanges with Elder Woolf this week, who is one of the assistants to the president. That was pretty fun as well. We got to get some feed back on what we can be doing better, which is always really nice.
I also went on exchanges with some other Elders in the zone, which went pretty good. Both of them are pretty young in the field, so they have some things to work on as far as teaching and what not (each of their lessons consist of non-stop analogies, lol), but over all they're doing really good. And they took my advice pretty well. :-) That's Always a plus.
Our Zone also had it's highest weekly numbers over all since. . . I don't even know how long. So that was REALLY exciting. We're doing really great as a mission and as a zone. We're moving right along. hopefully this keeps up. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't, either.
Elder Page and I went through our zone's records and found out what the best the zone has ever done on specific things (like street contacts, lessons with a member present, etc.) and we are going to talk to our zone tomorrow about smashing all the records this upcoming transfer. There is no better time than now to work harder and get more done.
Heavenly Father is really blessing us with a lot of people who are open and really willing to listen to what He wants for them. Even in areas where there isn't much work going on, missionaries are still being led to people who need Christ more in their life. We're seeing miracles.
We have two baptisms set for the 10th of October, one of them being super solid, the other so-so. I think I told you about Megan already, right? She's the super solid one. It's been really neat to teach her and see her and Cameron grow in their desire to have the spirit more in their lives. Cameron now even has a calling in the church-- working with the priests as the venture scout leader. :-) He's waaaayyy excited about that, 'cause he loves camping. And Megan is jealous 'cause she does too. lol. Anyway, things are going great.
Oh, and we hiked up the Superstition Mountains this morning. I don't know how I forgot that. It was a lot of fun. It was suppose to be a Zone activity, but only about half the zone was there. :-( But in any case, it was a lot of fun. A few of the missionaries went all the way to the top, but most of us went about half way and just took pictures and hung out. It was fun.
Anyway, keep sharing the gospel. I'm super excited about it.

Rhett: Yeah, that doesn't sound like too much fun. Oh well. Hopefully he gets healed up again soon.
I gotta go, my companions are wanting to leave. I'll catch you all next week though WITH TRANSFER NEWS. :-D Yup, it's already that time again.
Love you all,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment