Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15, 2009

Jason sent pictures today from his baptisms in Phoenix and Apache Junction. The one below is of new members Tracy & Lakota, His companion Elder Gomez and Bishop. This was (I believe, Jason's 1st time actually baptizing). Enjoy the other pictures on the side as well....



Hey family!
Let's try this whole emailing thing agian, huh? Hopefully this time it actually works.
Well, first of all, I'm sending some pictures of the baptisms that I've had since I last sent pictures to you. Those were all of our baptisms from Phoenix in the short time that I was there. I'll send the ones from here in Apache Junction soon.

Went to the temple today, and then did some other stuff. . .
Aaron's baptisms went very well this week. It was really great to finally see him get baptized. He's a good guy, and I'm excited that he took this step. His parents were not at the baptism, as far as I know, but he had a lot of friends there to support him. He really has a strong testimony and everyone seems to be impressed by enthusiasm for the gospel. :-)
Megan is doing really well preparing for her upcoming baptism on the 24th of September. We taught her the Word of Wisdom, and she said she drinks ice coffee. (It was funny, when we read through D&C 89, she asked if Iced Coffee is okay, because it's not a hot drink). When we told her that all coffee is against the word of wisdom, and asked her if she would give it up, she agreed without any hesitation. She really has a strong desire to get baptized. I don't know if she understands why, but she can feel that it is right. The week before (when the Email wasn't working) Elder Page told her that Satan would try to stop her from getting baptized, and she and her husband broke down a little bit. They explained that they had been going through a lot-- especially a lot of stress-- with the upcoming baptism, and they didn't know why. But when we explained it to them, they felt releived that it was normal and would get better.
Emad actually lives in our area here in AJ. He always did. When his wife and he seperated, he was living temperarily with a freind in my area in Mesa. I didn't realize that THIS is where he lives, so that was a really neat surprise. Unfortunately he is smoking 3 packs a day again, so we'll need to work on that some more, but he'll get right back on track and everything should go well. He was two teenage kids that we got to meet as well.
Our Zone is also continuing to pick up the pace. The number of street contacts that we are getting is going way up, so we're still pleased with the results. We've selected the things we want to discuss as a zone in Zone Developement Meeting next week, so hopefully the things we talk about and work on will excelerate things even more.
I have no idea what else I am leaving out, but that's pretty much the highlights of what's going on.
Oh, the Police thing with Joe was pretty good. But you gotta keep going. If you let up now, he's going to think he won!
Anyway, all is going well.

Love you all,
Jason

Then the girls started fighting over who was the favorite sister.... so this was kinda funny.....

I don't have a FAVORITE sister. . . .
Unless they send me a lengthy email during the week. ;-)

Here, I have an Idea.
Read only the part that is addressed to you, and we'll all be happy.
Kassie: Your my favorite sister
Kellie: Your my faverite sister
Kaydee: Your my favorite sister
Dora: your my hero :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment