Monday, January 26, 2009

Letter from a family in Mesa, Arizona


Elder Rowe and Elder Mace Baptism January 24, 2009 Mesa, Arizona

Hi there!
My name is Jolene Griffin, and your boys have been living in our home. They are such sweet young men and you can feel the Spirit when they are around....

I have had Elder Mace for 1 transfer and now for a second transfer as he is to become the trainer for another new missionary. He is just as wonderful to have here, and is very head strong for the work they have to do. I know he is quite computer smart (unlike myself), when I get frustrated, he is always trying to give me suggestions about what could possibly be wrong or how I might be able to fix my problem some other way, (and please don't get worried, he/they don't use my computer, becausee they are not allowed to use member's PC's). He is very quiet and reserved until you get to know him, then he seems to let his guard down just a little so you get to know him better. We absolutely LOVE having the Elder's live with us!! They do offer services when I need help with the groceries, putting up a table, unloading the dishwasher (Elder Rowe likes to unload, while Elder Mace says he likes to load). My son just got married Dec 19, and I was a little crazed, but they were very calming and always willing to help where/when ever I needed them. I didn't want them to miss any of the missionary work they had, so I didn't bother them, but it was nice to know they were there if I should've needed them. They are very spiritual, and are excellent missionaries. They spoke in church yesterday, and the Spirit was so strong, it was wonderful. You have raised good righteous young men, who honor their priesthood. Thank you for sharing them with the people in Mesa, and for sharing them with our family. They have a special place in our hearts, and I think of them as my boys too, (I have 3 daughters and 1 son, 3 grandsons and 1 granddaughter). I come from a family of 11 children (7 brothers and 3 sisters), my son used to say he was cheated because we didn't have another son, so this is how he gets more brothers (besides his 3 brother-in-laws). Anyway, they wanted to share thes baptism photos with you, so I said sure, let's do it!

Love you, Jolene Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment