Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 6, 2009

From your Favorite Missionary,

So, here's an update on Ceanna-- it keeps getting better. I got another phone call a few days ago, and it was Ceanna! She had heard from Elder Williamson that I might not be able to make it to her and her son's baptism, so she called to change the time so that I could go. Now it's at 1:00pm this Saturday. :-D The only problem is that I need permission from the AP's to go, and they won't give it to me unless I find a ride and bring an investigater with me. So now I'm trying to work all that out. But with luck, I'll be there! I'm so excited! I don't know if I already told you, but I also hear that she's quite the missionary, now. People have been giving her a hard time about wanting to join the church, and so she talks to them about it and invites them to learn more. Even her grandma is taking lessons now! When I was in the area her grandma HATED us LDS missionaries! WOW! It's the coolest things I've ever heard of before. Here in Mesa we started teaching a guy named Mike who is pretty cool. He doesn't believe his prayers have been or will be answered, so we're trying to work through that with him. Last night we taught him about the Plan of Salvation (too bad I didn't have the cut-outs, lol; I had to draw it out-- it was pathetic) and it went pretty well. He keeps saying that it's a lot to take in, so I think we'll slow down the pace a bit and just read some chapters from the Book of Mormon for a while. But yesterday when we talked about the Atonement it was powerful. His friend (Hanna, who is a member and the one who invited him to talk to us) started crying. Yup, that's when you know it's going well. :-) We read Alma 7, I think it's verses 11 and 12 where it talks about what Christ suffered for, and he had an ah hah moment. He was like, "I never knew Christ suffered for more than just our sins." That was cool, too. And we contacted a referral named Angie. When we started talking to her we asked if she had a Book of Mormon, and she ran off and came back with a Book of Mormon and a note book that she had been taking notes in! :-D Those are both YSA's, so I'm loving the YSA ward right now. :-)
--Elder Mace

No comments:

Post a Comment