Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 2, 2010

Hey family!

How's everything going? Have we gotten a response from Harvard yet? I think Kaydee and I can get in with no problem (imaginary high-five to Kaydee right now). And I'm sure BYU will be begging us to come, as amazing and humble as we are. :-D But, uh, maybe you shouldn't mention that in the applications. :-D

So anywho, my week has gone pretty good. We decided to start dropping some of our investigators that aren't making much headway so that we could free up more time to find new people to teach. We dropped probably five investigators in two days. What's awesome is that, as we dropped people, we found more almost immediately. I took that as Heavenly Father recognizing our efforts to be effective with our time and blessing us with new opportunities. Our teaching pool it already almost filled back up.

Interestingly (is that a word?), one of the people we dropped was Bervena. We dropped her because she was missing a lot of appointments and wasn't coming to church (which is all she needs to do right now to get baptized). We went by the members that had been fellowshipping her and asked them to continue to work with her, and they agreed to. That Sunday, she was in church. ???? I'm still confused about that, but it was really amazing.

We met with Robin and Serena last night and had a great lesson. Earlier in the week we took them to the visitors center to watch "Joseph Smith: the Prophet of the Restoration" movie which is only playing at Visitors Centers. It was really neat to have them and their kids there to feel the spirit and watch the movie about the prophet's life. I hope you can see the movie sometime soon. It really is amazing. But there aren't any Visitor Centers in Texas that I know of. lol. Anyway, we went by Robin and Serena last night and met with them again to talk about their baptism, and after talking with them we decided to move it to the 27th of March. They are really doing amazing, so I'm excited for them. We taught the word of wisdom, and they are already basically living it. They already know almost all of the stuff that we are teaching them, so they're making our job too easy.

We had an interesting experience a few nights ago. We were out working and I decided we should go to the church to make some phone calls for our appointments the next day. To me it seemed like a random idea, but apparently it wasn't. When we got to the church the lights were on and a few people were playing basket ball in the gym. We went to the phone near where the bishops offices are and started making some calls. After only a few minutes the bishop of one of the wards came out of his office, saw us, and said "Oh! Perfect. The missionaries are here. Elders I need you to help me give a blessing." We followed him in and helped him give a girl a blessing. Not sure what it was for, but it was obvious that she really needed it. Glad we were there to help.

It's been pretty good weather here all week. Except Sunday it decided to rain On us. We managed to avoid the rain most of the day, since we were in meetings almost all day. Until the last hour before we went in Sunday night. . . . It started to rain and we were right in the middle of it working. Oh well. A little water won't hurt, right . . . ? At least it's not like in Houston where when it rains, it RAINS! lol.

Glad to hear that BYU-H is still an option, lol. And glad that Renee and Brenn are okay. I heard about the earthquake at dinner that night and the possible "sweet surfing conditions" aka tsunami. Glad it's nothing, though.

And I got the letter about great Grandpa and Grandma. If you get a chance, let them know how much I love them. I'd really love to see him again, but it doesn't sound like he'll make it that long. But let him know I love him and I'm thinking about him and praying for him. And same to grandma.

Jason

P.S. Hopefully as you were cleaning, my stuff didn't make it to the garbage, lol.

Anyway, that's about all I've got for this week. Love you all a lot.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment