Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9, 2010

Mom's note so you can understand Jason's letter.... This last week I had a wonderful missionary experience where I was able to give someone a Book of Mormon,
The Restoration DVD, and The Testaments DVD. Plus get his address for the missionaries in our area to go by and visit. So, here is Jason's response...

WOAH!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!! That's pretty much the coolest thing EVER!!! I'm way excited. You will have to let me know how it goes. And what's really cool too is that you had all of that stuff ready to give him (and you remembered to get his address, lol)! Heavenly Father definitely uses those that are prepared. "He will lead you to them or them to you" as it says in Preach my Gospel. Thank you for sharing that. Keep praying for him and for other opportunities. I love you all.


And Now for his weekly email....

Hey family!

First of all, I have to let this one out, and I can't yell in the library. I'M GOING TO HAWAII! Well, at least I could go. lol. I got in, so that makes me happy. Thanks for forwarding the email. It made my day. Now let's see if Kaydee's fancy GPA can get her in as well. :-) (Does she really HAVE to do better than ME? lol) Not to be too arrogant, but I would bet that I'll get into BYU-I since I don't think it's as hard to get in as BYU-H. If not, there's always Hawaii. I just have to find a way to pay for it, lol.

And no application was sent to Harvard? lol. (I couldn't tell if you were joking when you wrote that it wasn't sent in-- I wasn't serious about ever sending one to Harvard, just in case you thought I was, lol. I was serious about Yale, though. Just kidding.)

So any way, sounds like you had a great experience sharing the gospel. And I'm glad that I could help from two states over. Tell Bill (if that's his name) that we can talk shop when I get back. ;-) He sounds like a really solid guy. The sisters there must be working and praying hard too. Keep up the good work and the fellowshipping. Does he know what time church starts? Church is the key to helping investigators feel comfortable.

Well, my week has gone really good. It wasn't the best week ever-- we didn't teach a whole lot, most lessons fell through, and we only found one new person to teach-- but it was still good.

I don't know if I told you, but we cover a singles ward in addition to two family wards. The family wards have a lot of work going, but the young single adult ward has always been dead with work for us. And it's not for lack of effort. Everyone really tries to share the Gospel because it means so much to them. Well, Wednesday we were walking through a trailer park and we were talking to everyone when a girl walked by. We stopped her and talked to her. Her name is Brandi, and she happened to be 20 (YSA age!). We talked to her for a few minutes and she told us her family was religious at one time, but they had a bad experience and now they're not. We asked if we could share part of our message for a few minutes and she agreed. We taught the restoration and about how throughout time God had always called prophets to teach us about Christ (Acts 10:43) and teach us how to follow him. As we told her about God calling a prophet today, she expressed how it made sense, and she excitedly committed to read the Book of Mormon and find out if it's true.

Yesterday was probably the most exciting day with missionary work. We did more yesterday then in the past week it seemed like, lol. We found three new people to teach, and had some really great lessons. One of them was a lady named Carrol. We found her in a . . . unique way. . . .

We talked to another lady named Carrol a few weeks ago, and we planned to contact her. She lives on the second floor of an apartment complex. As we walked over to see her, there was another lady on the balcony of her first floor apt. My confused companion went up to her and said "Hey Carrol, how are you?" My first thought was "NO! That's not her! What are you doing?!" But she just looked surprised and said she was doing good. Elder Dursteler said something like "Well, Carrol, when can we come over?" We set up a time, and then she asked "How did you know my name?" lol. My companion just looked confused. Later I explained that that lady was not the right Carrol. But we taught both Carrol's, and both are amazing.

Anyway, everything is going good. Thanks for keeping me posted.

Love you all!

Elder Jason Mace
Potential BYU-H student :-D lol


Another Mom's note..... Then I informed him that Kellie went to the hospital today for her routine visit, when she found they were NOT going to let her come home. She had 5 contractions in an hour. The doctor said she could come home and wait.

Jason's response...
Yay! When he comes I expect to see TONS of pictures and vivid descriptions of my new nephew. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment