Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30, 2010


Jason's letter was short this week as we had other things to discuss with him. But here is the latest from the mission field....

Hey family

How's everything going? I'm still processing emails, so I'm not going as fast as I maybe should be. But everything here is good.

first and foremost-- we had a wonderful baptism this last Saturday. Robin, Serena, and Jillian were all baptized. It was a really special thing to see an entire family take that step. As I watched them each go into the font and be baptized, it occurred to be that this wasn't just three people getting baptized into a church; and, it wasn't just a mom and dad deciding where they wanted their family to go on Sunday. This was a family deciding that the life Christ taught us to live is the life that they wanted to live. This was what they were committing to be, and to help their children to be. I had never really thought of it that way before.

The ward has really been supportive of them and we had pretty good attendance at the baptism. I'm always impressed when an investigator can walk in and instantly feel right at home because the members have such great love for each other and anyone that walks through the door.

I'll try to include a picture of them. I'm sure that I told you about them in a previous letter, so I won't re-tell the story, but they are really amazing and they will be a great addition to the ward family. Everyone is really excited about work that's going on in the ward.


We have a couple more baptismal dates set for the 24th of April, so we'll see how that goes. And some more news on Shawn and Michelle (I spell Shawn's name wrong last week-- it's not spelled "Sean" evidently). They are not yet married, but Shawn and Michelle finally decided to tie-the-knot, and they'll are going to be getting married soon. They met with the bishop Sunday to find out if he would marry them. We are going to be working out a baptism date with them-- Shawn will probably get baptized first, and then he will baptize Michelle later as she has a few more things to work through. They are really amazing people. I love seeing people change and ". . . come unto Christ by [receiving] the restored Gospel. . . " ("Preach my Gospel" page 1; [if you're not currently reading it, may I suggest that you do as a family? Especially chapters 1, 3, 4, 5, and 9])

Anyway, that's pretty much all of the excitement. One down side to everything, with the baptism Saturday, we are running low on people to teach in that ward. I guess that's not a bad problem, though. :-) But now we have to find more people to teach.

I love you all and hope things go well for everyone. Keep me posted on all the news. I know a lot is going on right now, so please keep me up to date. Especially on my nephew. :-) His first word will be "Ke ya!" (sp?).

Love you. Have a great week!
--Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment