Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 23, 2010

Hey family!

First of all, is Kellie having a baby or something? I'm glad to hear that Elisha liked all of the cake he ate. Send me a picture of the spider man cake, lol. Oh man, I can't wait to see 'lisha and Ally all growed up when I get back.

Well, my week has gone pretty well. We taught a bunch of lessons this past week, and we set a few baptismal dates with some of our investigators.

I don't know if I told you about Robin and Serena of not. I think I did, but I'm not sure. They were a referral from some other missionaries that Elder Dursteler had before I came into the area. They were just super hard to get a hold of as she was having a baby and some other things were going on. We finally got a hold of them and had a lesson with them in early January. We sat down and just talked about what they wanted to get out of meeting with us. It was really neat to hear the, tell us about how they had a really strong desire to serve other people and to bring there family together. They really want good friends for their kids and a good environment for their family. When we went by the next week, we taught them about the restoration of the gospel. When we finished, we got a different reaction then I'm used to. They pretty much said "that's nice, but how can we serve in your church?" Wow. We started talking to them about callings, relief society, elders quorum, etc. They committed to come to church, but sick kids kept them from coming. For our next lesson we went to the RS presidents house to talk more about serving in the church and what church is like. They both really wanted to come and see what church was like. Robin had to work, but Serena came and really liked it. This last week we taught the plan of salvation, and invited them to be baptized on the 13th of March, and they accepted.

We now have six baptismal dates, and a lot of wonderful people that we are teaching. The work is really moving forward, and so I'm really excited.

If you haven't read the church news, you might have missed this interesting headline. Well, it wasn't a headline, but it's crazy. I guess their creating a new mission here! The Farmington, New Mexico mission. It will include part of the Mesa mission. Yes, our mission is being split. I don't know any details yet, but this is obviously really big news. The work out here is really accelerating. I'm really happy to be a part of it.

Our zone conferrence is Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that. Those are always good. :-)

It rained a lot on us yesterday. That was interesting. There were huge puddles along the road, and we were on bikes with cars driving by. Do you see the problem? Big puddles. Cars driving by. Missionaries on bikes on the side walk. Yeah, we got splashed a few times. Gross! Not that it really matters. We were already soaking wet, lol.

Oh, and we got asked to teach the sharing time lesson in primary in one of our wards. lol. It will be on the plan of salvation. That should be really fun. :-D I don't know who will be teaching it, it will either have to be me or my companion, not both because we cover two wards that meet at the same time. . . . We'll see how it goes. lol.

I think that's about it for now. I love you all and hope you have a good week.

Love,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment