Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 2, 2010

Hello family!

Yes, the new email is still a ........ address, even though it's through google. I don't know why, but it is.

How was the mustang? (Heh, you thought I wouldn't comment on that!) And how was painting? Thanks for the updates. It sounds like things there are a little bit busy. But it's more fun that way, right? :-)

Nathan is back to Sr. Comp. as well, huh? He was ZL for a long time, wasn't he? Like 5 transfers (7 and 1/2 months) or something? I'm sure he'll probably be training soon. :-) When it happens, just remember that I called it. :-p And I'm glad I not eating crazy foods like Taylor, lol. I've had pasta the last three nights in a row, lol.

So this was any exciting week. I woke up Thursday morning with a kinda sore throat. Nothing big, just a little annoying. I had my personal study, and then when that was over I went over to the table where we have companion study and I said hi to elder Dursteler-- but my voice wasn't working. So I cleared my throat for a couple seconds and it was fine. Then I went about my day, and everything was fine until the last lesson of the night, when my voice finally gave out on me and I couldn't talk. . . . Kind of a problem in missionary work. Unless your a sign language missionary :-p But anyway, so we went home and without planning or anything I went to bed and hoped that I would feel better the next day.

Nope! I woke up sick. My throat, head, stomach, etc. I had to call for permission to stay in that day. (To tell you how merciful Heavenly Father is, we had no appointments that day, so it wasn't a big deal at all). I slept most of the day and took as much benadryl as the bottle said I could take. :-p The next day I woke up feeling better and I was able to go out and work, but my voice even today is still an octave lower than it's suppose to be. Maybe my voice is just changing :-p lol.

The ironic thing is Elder Dursteler was sick, and I was reflecting on how long it's been since I was last sick. Once last January, once in June or July. . . I was thinking "uh oh, it seems to be about time for me to get sick again, huh?" and then-- BAM! lol.

Anyway, Russell is all set for his baptism this coming Saturday! He had his interview, and it went really well. He has a great testimony. Most people that talk to him think he's been a member his whole life. He's amazing. The baptism is this Saturday at 7:00 pm.

This last week was actually really slow aside from all of that. Most of our appointments fell through this week, so we didn't teach much. . . . I guess since the rest of the transfer went to well, we had to have at least once slow week.

SPEAKING OF TRANSFERS::::: Transfer news is coming up next week!

My companion is so paranoid about transfers and so sure he's leaving that he actually started packing at the start of this last week-- which is two weeks before we even get transfer news. Oh brother! I tried telling him it was pointless, but he continues to pack up his stuff. . . . Oh well. I guess if he does go he'll be prepared.

So anyway, that's about it. Not too much new going on.

Love you all,
Elder Jason Mace

No comments:

Post a Comment