Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26. 2010

Hello.
I'm sure you're wondering who this is from. What's up with the email address. lol. Not really, 'cause it's not hard to figure out. My email is WAYYY to obvious, but I didn't pick it this time. They just assign it. . . Anywho, it's your favorite missionary in the AZ Mesa mission! And we FINALLY got rid of MyLDSmail!!!! Yay!!!! Gmail is sooooooooooooooooooo much better. I can even format the text! (Yeah, that was overboard, but I'm excited. ) So anyway, this is my new email address. The old email should forward to this one, but just in case it would be better to update your address books.

So this week has been pretty good. Something REALLY crazy happened. This liquid stuff was falling from the sky! I don't know what on earth it was, but the clouds (I think that's what you call those fluffy things that pop up in the sky from time to time) were dark and wet, clear stuff was falling from them. It reminded my of the joke: "A man once prayed 'Father, please send us some rain. Not for me, because I saw rain once. But for my 15 year old son, 'cause he's never seen rain.'" Something like that.

We got tons of rain, it was awesome. Except when we had to bike in it-- which was all last week. We got soaking wet. I don't know how much more my black suit can handle. :-p And yeah, like the news there said, there was some crazy wind, but over all it was no different than the storms I remember back home.

So, other than that, we found a new family of five or so to teach this week. That was pretty exciting. I haven't taught them yet, as elder Dursteler and I were on exchanges at the time, but I'm excited about it. We also found two other individuals to teach this last week, so that was really good. Blessings for going out in the rain, no doubt.

The people that we found last week are really great, too. We taught Robin and Serena lesson one, which is the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and they liked it a lot. When the lesson was over, Serena said that it was really nice, but she really wanted to know how she could serve in the church. They are more concerned about what they can give than what they can get. Wow. I've never had an investigator like that. they also read 3 Nephi 11 (the reading suggestion that we left them) several times. Robin really loved reading another account of Christ visiting his people and teaching them. It was a really neat thing to see the excitement and enthusiasm they have.

We have three baptisms scheduled for February 6th, one of them is a definite, two are kinda if-y at this point. We'll see what happens. I've noticed that these wards aren't as enthusiastic about missionary work as my last area. I'm not entirely sure why that is, but I'm trying to think of ways we can get people-- especially the ward leaders-- more excited about the work. There really is a lot going on. It's a great area.

Anyway, I don't have a whole lot of time.
I love you all and hope all is going well.
Elder Jason Mace

No comments:

Post a Comment