Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010

Hey!
The eagle stuff is there! :-) Yay!
I did get a package from the Hanks! I'm really behind on sending out thank you cards. . . . I still need to send you all stuff as well. . . . Nathan also sent me a card for Christmas. :-) Taylor's story sounds. . . interesting. Can't say Mesa is that exciting (luckily). Glad to hear he's alright. On the bright side, that's a great story to tell later on in life.
On new years eve we sang again at the Christmas lights for the closing night. It's wierd to think that I won't be here another Christmas. Anyway, we only practiced the music for a couple of hours, so it really is a miracle that it ended up sounding good. I was singing bass (. . . . that wasn't a joke. . . . okay, you can stop laughing now. . . . ) and we only ran through the bass part a couple times, so I had NO IDEA what was going on there. Luckily Elder Christensen was on one side of me, and Elder Grigg was on the other, and both new the bass part well so I could follow them. It was really good.
Afterward we had some food until nine o' clock, and then it was time to go home. So Elder Dursteler and I planned, opened some sparkling cider, and celebrated the new year at about 10:00. lol. Then we went to bed.
I set a really important goal for this transfer: no bike wrecks! I figured that would be a really good goal to shoot for. Sadly, I already failed there. My second day I tried to jump up onto a curb. I popped my front tire up just fine-- it was plenty high enough to get up on the curb. I just did it a little to soon. The tire was coming down and I got to the curb and BAM! I wiped out. By some miracle my suit didn't rip while I was sliding on the side walk. :-P You can't even tell.
We had a baptism this week for April and Dave. I don't know a whole lot about them since I just got here, but they're really cool. The baptism went really well, except that the font didn't fill up all the way, so they had to get baptized in shallow water. Not a problem, except that Dave is a tall guy. :-) The water only went up to about his knees. lol. But he finally did get under after three tries. Anyway, they are really excited about being baptized into the church of Jesus Christ.
The area has a lot of potential as well. I'm pretty excited about it. Most people here are humble and willing to listen. (at least they don't yell like people in Apache Junction). We've had some good things happen so far. We've found some great new people to teach, and I'm anxious to see how it goes.
Oh, and Elder Seaborn made the ginger bread tree for me. I had to leave it behind in Apache Junction when I got transferred. But he made it for me and gave it to the Zone Leader's here to give to me. :-)
I gotta go soon. Bye!
Love you all,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment