Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 29, 2009

They're(the twins), all growed up! Thank you so much for the pics. :-)
Hey family! I'm on and checking my emails.

How's everything going? Today's email has some very exciting transfer news! Is Elder Mace still in Apache Junction? Is Elder Seaborn still in Apache Junction? Or did someone get transferred?
Are you ready for it?
[drum roll]

[....more drum rolling....]

[....a little more....]

[....still going....]

[....wrapping it up....]

Well, Elder Seaborn is in fact still in Apache Junction. . . . But I am not.
Guess where I am emailing you from right now? No, I'm not on the Indian reservation. And no, I'm not even up north. I'm actually emailing you from the Library in Mesa. Yes, I was transferred back to Mesa. It was about this time last year that I was transferred to Mesa to be with Elder Rowe. Obviously I'm in a different area now than I was in last year.
My area is around McKellips and Country Club (in case you were wondering, or if you want to look on a map). My area is pretty small. . . . so I'm on a bike again.

I'm also no longer a Zone leader-- just a regular Sr. companion. Which means I will probably get some sleep on Sunday nights!!! lol. It's really strange though, I have to say-- Going from zone leader to a regular missionary. I'm pretty excited though.

My companion is Elder Dursteler (I think I might have spelled that right, lol). He seems like a good guy, so I'm excited. He's been out for 8 months-- not sure where he's from. Elder Moa took my spot in Apache Junction-- he was in the MTC with me. And in the area here I am serving near Elder Overocker and Elder Hansen, who were in the MTC with me. I'm really excited about this transfer.
I've lost my train of thought-- there are people all around me playing music and what-not on the computers. . . . Libraries. Gotta love 'em. :-P
Any way, we have a GREAT night at the Christmas lights on Christmas day! We had 113 non-members accept to have missionaries come over to teach them. Wow! That's a really good night. And a lot of members referred people as well. It was the best night at the lights the mission has had so far this year-- by far. Our zone holds all the records right now. [Or, I guess my old zone. I'll probably always consider it my zone.] :-) Not to be prideful. . . . (that's probably why I was transferred.)

We also had some great exchanges with missionaries this last week. Elder Edmonds went with me one day, and him and I got 47 street contacts and we set a baptismal date with one of his investigators. That was a really great day and it was a lot of fun. I had a good week to wrap things up in Apache Junction. I really really really loved it a lot and I'll really miss it a lot as well. But I can't wait to get to know this area. I'm about ready to dive into the work and get going.
When I get done I'll have to bring you all out to Apache Junction so I can introduce you to the people. And Mesa, Phoenix and Scottsdale too, of course.

I love you all and I'll write you again next week.
Congrats Kassie. Let me know how big the baby is :-)
And I love you. Thanks for the luck.
I'll catch you next week then.
Happy new year, and I love you all.

Love you,
Elder Jason Mace

No comments:

Post a Comment