Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009

Look at the picture.
I thought you might like it. :-)
It's Travis and Elder Seaborn and I on Saturday. :-D Don't we all look sharp? :-D


Hey family! How's everything going? I'm checking my emails right now....

Hey family!

How's everything going? Sounds like you all had a good turkey day. Mine was pretty good too. We went over to the Ward Mission Leader in the Ocotillo ward for dinner. They had a some good food, and they sent us home with a bunch. :-) Not quite the same as being home, but it was good.

So the new bishop is finally going to be picked, huh? Well, after he gets called, tell Brother Watts congrat's for me. :-D Just kidding. I'm looking forward to hearing who it is.

Travis was baptized on Saturday! The baptism went really well. All of his room-mates were there and a bunch of his friends as well. I got to do the actual baptism, so it was a cool experience for me. And it only took TWO times to get it right. :-P The water wasn't high enough, and he's a tall guy, so the first time he went under his knee was poking up out of the water. :-( So we did it a second time and he straightened his legs under water and it worked. Then, on Sunday, he was confirmed by Elder Seaborn. And then Travis gave a talk in church! Yeah, he already got assigned a talk. It was on Faith in Jesus Christ, and he did a great job with it. He's a super solid guy. His room-mates aren't really very active, so he'll be a great example to them as well.

We have another baptism scheduled for the 12th of December. Samantha, the one getting baptized, will be interviewed this coming Saturday, and baptized the next Saturday after that. I'll give you more information on Samantha later on.

Last week I didn't feel like I even worked. It was really crazy. Monday for most of the day we had Zone Leader Council meeting. Tuesday we had a half P-day to shop, email, etc. Wed. we had District meeting in the morning, and then we went on an exchange with one of the district leaders-- Elder Davenport actually. Thursday was obviously Thanksgiving, so it was P-day until the evening. Then Friday was weekly planning until 2:00, and we had to work the Christmas lights at the Temple at 5:00, so that tells you how much time we had there. Saturday we had a baptism, and Sunday we had church from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. In other words, we didn't have much time this past week. :-P But we actually managed to find 5 new people to teach. Still not sure how that happened, but I won't question the miracles that come.

The Christmas lights were pretty crazy. It was opening night, so there were a TON of people there. Our job is to talk to people and invite them to hear the message of the Restoration (if a non-member) or invite a friend to hear it (if a member). The problem was there were so many people it was hard to talk to anyone. I was having a hard time, myself. It's not that I have a hard time talking to people-- that's not a big deal to me. But trying to stop someone in a huge mob of people is hard and ackward. It wasn't my best night ever, but it was fun. Glad I could do it.

Tomorrow is our missions annual Temple Trip! Once a year around Christmas time, instead of a zone conference, we go to the temple as a mission. (Well, a only few of the zones in the mission go at a time.) And, tomorrow night our zone again works at the Christmas lights. YAY! That should be a lot of fun.

Yes, I can take family names to the temple. I don't know if I can do initiatory for the grandpa's, But I would love to do the endowments. :-) That would be great if you send the names.

Well, I love you all and hope that all is well.
--Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment