Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 10, 2009

Hello family!
Sounds like things are going alright, and Tony had a great farewell. I'll keep that idea in mind. Not to be trunky, but that might not be a bad idea for when I get home. In fact, it might even work better. Maybe we can think more about that later on. (I still have a long time left. ;-])
Great news! MyLDS Mail will soon be NO MORE!!!
Well, kind of. The zone leaders got a note saying that Google's GMail (what I used back home) will be contracting with the church to provide better emailing service. YAY!!! I have full faith that it will be a world better than it is now, so I am SUPER excited. Everyone in our zone is as well. I don't think any missionaries actually like MyLDS mail. But I guess it work-- kind of. The new email service starts sometime between now and December, so really soon. :-)
We taught a lady named Nikki this week. She was actually taught be missionaries a few years ago, and was about to get baptized (interviewed and everything), when some crazy family situations caused her to miss it. So we set a date for November 28th, and she is really excited about it. And so are we. She's awesome, we just have to get her fellowshipped into the ward before her baptism. Yup, got a lot of dates for Nov 28. They're all doing great.
Other things are still going well. Transfers are next week, so I get to find out who my new companion will be. Also, there will probably be a new assistant to the president, so I'll find out who that is as well.There is a zero percent chance of me becoming AP-- they would have to put two new ZL's here, which they wouldn't do. :-)
Been listening to some conferrence talks lately-- Jeffery R. Holland's talk is my favorit. Also the 70 that spoke on Joseph Smith. That was another great one. But I'm also growing fond of Henry B. Eyering's Priesthood session talk. That one was really good too.
Elder Evans of the 70 came down this week end for the Apache Junction stake conferrence. That was really neat as well. He actually gave us missionaries a LOT of good advice from the pulpit. I think all of Saturday nights talk was directed to us, even though it was a stake conferrence and there were only 7 of us there. It was amazing. One thing he hit hard on is don't just assign investigaters chapters to read. Have them read from the beginning. That was an epiphany (spelling?) for me. He gave us a lot of other advice. And he broke down 1 Nephi chapter 1 and taught so many prinicples of the gospel from it that it was mind boogling. 70's are amazing. There just like apostles, I'm beginning to realize.
Hope all is going well for you,
Sounds good. I'l make a CD when I can.
I gotta go soon.
Love you all!
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment