Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15, 2009

Once again a short letter this week as time was spent chatting with his dad getting caught up on the health issues. Infact Jason was the first one to hear about the
CT reports as no one was around when the doctor came in to talk to Rick. To start with.... Jason's response to the girls of why he got the news first..

lol. It's cause I'm dad's favorite missionary. :-)

Now on to his letter.....
1st he answers my questions....


First, about the whole MTC thing. . . .Actually, it's kind of a funny thing. The MTC was in "lockdown" for a while, I guess. The new greenies that should have come into the mission two weeks ago didn't come in because they are worried about the swine flue, I guess. So, the missionaries here that president Bassett assigned to train the new missionaries coming in are currently companion-less. Some have been put in trios, others are companions with members, etc. The new missionaries should be here tomorrow, I think, so that will put things back to normal. Like you said, they still are letting people INTO the MTC, but they have to get dropped off at the door.

Are there 4 of you in the apartment now or who had to move out? Elder Rutledge and Voigtlaender moved into another (better!) appartment. President Bassett doesn't like putting missionaries together. They don't work as hard. :-)

Who got the car, or did they bring in another? We both have cars. Oh, and we name our cars. My car in Scottsdale I named Faith, my first car in Phoenix I name Hope, and then they replaced it with another that I've named Charity. lol. But I don't know what to name the next one, 'cause "love" is a dumb name, lol.

How is the ward liking the split? I don't know about the bishop, but our ward mission leader loves it! lol. He's super excited about the work that's going on here.

Is your Ward mission leader going crazy yet? See above, lol.

Did you get my package from Mexico (or KD's package actually, she's the one who picked the stuff out)? Yes, as a matter of fact my wonderful family sent me another really awesome package! It's pretty amazing! Thank you so much! I keep telling everyone about how much my family loves me. Don't know if it's on purpose or not, but I've gotten at least one package a month since I left. Yeah, my family is definately the best. Ever. Period. :-D

Did you just love the MC Donalds Ketchup... Was any of it any good? It tastes okay. I put it on a burrito. :-) Not quite the same as on fries, I'm sure, but it's good. :-)

Are you dying of heat exhuast yet? Nope. It got up to 111 degress (no, not a type, lol.) but then it cooled off. It's been in the upper 90's for almost two weeks.

How are the investagators? Great! I'll tell you about one later!!!

So dad's still in there, huh? Glad things are still going well, though. It's pretty awesome how that stuff works out when God's involved. :-D And, yeah, Tell Kellie to wait her turn! Good gravy!

So we got a referral for a guy this past week. We stopped by, knocked on his door, and were very confuised when we saw who it was. We had seen him in church several times before, and we just assumed that he was a member. He always would come and sit in the front row all by himself. Turns out, he's not a member but wants to join the church. To say that he is a nice guy would be an understatement. Elder Cole, our District Leader, came with me on exchanges and we went by and talked to him for a while, and he opened up and told us his story. It turns out that he was shot in the face years ago and it caused him to go almost completely blind. It also affected him mentally and psycologically. He doesn't really like to be around people because he gets scared, but he really loves coming to church. Long story short, as we were leaving, Elder Cole turned to me and said "Wow. I feel like giving him a hug." lol. He is awesome. I haven't gotten attached to an investigater in a while, but he just might do it. :-) Teaching him has gone kind of slow. He has a lot of questions and struggles to understand everything, so we teach him one principle at a time, rather than lesson by lesson. We go by every day, and so far he's catching on well, and is doing great.

The area is still moving along, and we had another great week as far as lessons go. Still trying to get people to church, though. That's the struggle. :-( But we'll get it figured out. For now I can't complain, we're finding a lot of work to do, so that's great.
So that's my quick summary of the week.
Love you all,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment