Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27, 2009

Mom's note... Finally a long informative letter. I sent him a list of questions so he would give us some information on his new area. Plus we got a good sized email from him! Computers in Phoenix must be better than Mesa!)

Hey! QUESTIONS:
1) How is your new area??? Interesting. Read on for more. But yeah, interesting.
2) How are your Comps??? Also interesting. Again, read on.
3) Are you in a bike area or car??? It's a big area so we have a car.
4) How long have your comps been out??? Elder Rutledge had been out for a year, and elder Turner's been out for seven weeks now.
5) Where are they from??? Utah and California
6) What is the reason for 3 of you??? Er, honestly I'm not entirely sure. I would guess several reasons. One, there is a LOT of work going on in our area. Everyone we talk to is willing to listen to us, it seems. So having three of us makes it a lot easier (for example, we can go into a single ladies house without having to spend time finding another guy to go with us)
7) Is it a good area or bad??? All a matter of perspective. :-) It's a more run-down area, you could say. Not like a scary run down, but run down.
8) Like a Seabrook or downtown Houston??? Like downtown Houston.
9) How many wards do you have this time??? Just one: Centrol Ward in the Phoenix East stake.
10) Do you live with members??? Nope. We live in an appartment.
11) How is the teaching pool there??? Big. See above q's.
12) Any baptisms scheduled??? Several, but I don't know the people very well yet. The Zone set a goal to baptize 30 people this transfer, so it should be good. :-)
13) Do members feed you there??? yes. Around 4-5 times a week.

How's it going?
You might want to try putting a stop to the flooding-- it doesn't really sound like much fun. Anyway, it sounds like things are going pretty good, though.
So, I'm in central Phoenix! What a crazy change it is, too. Being in a trio is neat, though. It keeps things more fun. When a disagreement comes up, there's always someone to crack a joke and keep things light-hearted. So far I really like it. It may be hard to go back to just one companion, 'cause if the two of you don't get along, your stuck. :-P
The area is interesting. I went from covering a few nice neighborhoods to a huge chunk of downtown phoenix. Talk about culture shock. Wow. The good news is that everyone here seems interested. We went tracting last night and every door said we could come back. What?! In Scottsdale you tract for 2 hours and MAYBE you'll find one or two people. lol. I guess people here are more humble and understand they need Christ more in their lives.
It's a big adjustment for me though. But I just keep doing what I'm suppose to be doing and hope it all works out. The problem is that's probably why I'm still Sr. Companion. . . lol.
I like Elder Rutledge a lot. He's a good guy. (He says "way sweet" a lot, lol.) Elder Turner is also great.
Anyway, things are going good. No really great stories, but we're teaching lots of lessons, so it's great!
Love you all,
Jason
Oh! BTW: Only one person in my MTC district hasn't trained, as of this current transfer! Thus proving my MTC district was amazing!I don't get to see my MTC district very much. They're scattered all over the place. I only see a few of them every once in a while. But they're all doing good as far as I've heard.
Oh, dad, this is SUPER IMPORTANT! Listen closely: I'm making chicken wings tonight for my comps. :-) I'll have to take some pics for you. :-D
I'm about out of time. I'll talk to you all later.
Love you!
--Jason

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I just found Elder Mace's blog. I have been reading all of his emails and came across this one that mentions his MTC district. My daughter Sarah was in the same MTC district. She loves the Mesa Mission and thinks her 19 year old brother ought to pray to be called there too! Nice blog...I am enjoying his stories. Sincerely, Julie Tomoser

    ReplyDelete