Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April 7, 2009

Hey!

...Speaking of member missionary work, we had a really intense member presentation yesterday after a dinner with a member family. I was going to let Elder Christensen do the presentation, but he couldn't find anything to share (we don't think about member presentations until we're there, lol). So I taught one from Alma chapters 31 and 32. It was about Alma going to the Zoromite people, getting frustrated because no one would listen to him, so he prayed hard, searched for people to teach, and then had some elect people come to him. I talked about how important it was to pray for help, talk to everyone, and trust that God would send you people to teach. At the end Elder Christensen pulled out a couple of invitations to the easter pagent, expecting our normal commitment: invite a friend to go with you to see the play. But I committed them to talk to 5 random people during the week and invite them to church or to the easter pagent or anything else they wanted. I thought elder Christensen would die of shock, lol. But we talked about ways to invite and they accepted the challange. It was crazy. :-)

Hmm. Not a whole lot... Emad moved, and we don't know his new address so we're trying to call to get it. Transfers are two weeks from today. (P-day is today 'cause we had a Zone Developement meeting yesterday along with interviews with Pres. Bassett). We talked to some random intersting people this week, as well.
I think my purpose as a missionary is to find and set a date. Not baptise, lol.

Actually, one (story) is kind of interesting. I think I told you in Zone Conference they hit hard on talking to everyone we see. Well, Elder Christensen and I were biking through a small appartment complex on our way to visit someone when I saw two people sitting on a bench a ways off. I wasn't going to talk to them cause they were out of the way a bit. But then guilt set in when I remembered Zone Conference, so I biked over to them and started talkig to them. We ended up sitting down and teaching them a lesson right then and there, and we'll be teaching them again on Wed.

That's about it. Not too much excitement.

Kellie's stressed huh? lol.

Joe. . . . No comment. Yet

Gotta go. Working the Temple grounds again tonight for the Easter Pagent.
--Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment