Friday, May 8, 2009

May 7, 2009

Jason only had 20 minutes on the computer today, and alot of emails from family to read. So his letter is very short this week. But we get to talk to him on Sunday for Mother's day!!! His letter follows....

Had to take a P-day on a Thursday today, 'cause of "training blitz"'s which the mission does once a year. It's a big mission wide thing where we go on exchanges with people to help each other get better. We'll be doing it again next week, so my P-Day will probably be on a Wed. next week.
So I learned something new this week, much like Kellie and Alex in Cub Scouts (ha ha ha) and that is this: I don't last a week and a half without a P-Day very well. . . Man alive! In missionary time it's like 10 years! Don't get me wrong, I love teaching (especially here where it's busy) but you do get tired after a while.

Anyway, glad Kellie's doing okay. Is the pain going away? Hopefully?
BTW: Kaydee, no Phoenix isn't pretty! It's like downtown Houston, lol.

Anyways, we had training blitz's this week, and another elder came with us on Mon. and Tue. to critic us (yeah, there were FOUR of us going to lessons! I think we scared some people), and President Bassett and the Zone Leaders and the Assistants all taught us how to do better. Next week me and my comp's are going with some other missionaries, so P-Day will likely be on a Wed. One of our investigaters, called us and said he just couldn't wait until the 24th to get baptized, so we moved it to the 17th of may! That's one week from Sunday. If all goes well, we should be having a few baptisms over the next few weeks. Keep your fingers crossed :-)
Phone calls will be in the afternoon, it looks like. I'll probably be calling around 2:00pm AZ time. Other than that, not a whole lot is going on. :-)
Love you all,
And I'll talk to you on Sunday!
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment