Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 27, 2009

Hey family!
I'm on and checking my-- IT'S A BABY BOY!!! YAY!!! . . . Alex's email was dramatic. lol. :-D

First of all, I just wanted to -- It's a baby BOY!!! I'm so excited! What names are you thinking of? When is the baby suppose to be born? (I'm a terrible uncle, I already forgot. :-]) That's awesome. Thanks for the email Alex.
The League City Stake, huh? That sounds interesting. I'm trying to remember President Reeves. I think I know him. . . . Any guesses on the new bishop? What's the word on the street? I'm trying to think of who it might be, but I'm having trouble deciding. Anyway, that sounds awsome. I'll let president Bassett know.
So we had two more baptisms this last week. I'll have to send pictures of it. I baptized Elsa, and Elder Page baptized Roy. Roy was baptized with no problem, but Elsa wouldn't bend her knees, so her foot kept coming out of the water. lol. But it was really good. They were both really excited about being baptized, and I'm glad I had the chance to teach them both.
We still have some more baptisms scheduled for this transfer, so that's exciting. We are being so blessed! I know I say that every week, but this week we found 7 new investigaters. Seven! That's the most I've ever found in a week, and for this area that is unheard of. And most of them are REALLY solid investigaters as well. It just goes to show you that when you try your hardest, God will lead you to them or lead them to you. Either way, he gets it done.
President Bassett said in ZLC that the only thing slowing down God's work is us. That's humbling.
We were on exchanges yesterday and so I had Elder Robertson in our area. We went and taught a 10 year old girl who has been taught many times, and doesn't want to get baptized. Her parents were less active for a long time and are just now coming back. Elder Robertson and I prepared a really great lesson on following the prophet, but when we got there she suddenly had some questions about being baptized. It started with "Why do I need to get baptized now? Why can't I wait until I am older?" We talked about blessings of baptism and why now would be better than later, and we talked about her praying and asking God that question. We kneeled down and prayed with her right there, and although she wasn't convinced she got an answer right then, she felt good and committed to pray about it every day-- twice a day actually. She is really close to finding her answer. It's interesting that teaching a 10 year old is no different than teaching a 40 year old. You can't pressure them, you have to let them find the answers for themself, or it won't mean anything. I'll let you know how that one works out. I'm really excited about it, because I know if she prays with a "sincere heart, real intent, having faith in Christ" [moroni 10:4] she'll get the answer.
Anyway, the Zone is still doing good. All of our numbers are either at the mission standard or above it, which is great. The work is moving forward faster than ever.
How missionary work going for you? I love hearing your experiences.
Kaydee: Where's my emails?! And what's up with the A's?
Oh, and I will make sure to not throw away the MP3 player. Thank you so much for getting it for me! And for loading the music.
I've gotta go. I'll catch you next week.

Love you all,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment