Monday, October 19, 2009

October 19, 2009

Hey family!
I'm on a day early today because tomorrow is Zone Conferrence. I'm pretty excited about it-- they're always really great. I think next week or the week after will also be on a Monday because of Zone Developement meeting and Interviews with President Bassett.
Well, it sounds like it's been a crazy week. The stake is finally going to be splitting, huh? Wow. That's really exciting. You'll have to keep me posted on that one. I heard rumors that was going to happen waaayyy back when they took Clear Lake I & II out of our stake. . . . Well, when does Seabrook get to be it's own ward? :-D
The Apache Junction stake that I am serving in is actually in the same process of splitting right now. They are building the new stake center as we speak (or rather write) and when it's done, the AJ stake will be split into the AJ stake and the Usery Park stake. :-)
Anyway, how's life treating everyone? Sounds like Kellie and Dad are having fun. . . . :-P Hope you both get feeling better, by the way.
Our week has been pretty good. We found five new people to teach this past week, which I don't think I've done since I was in Phoenix. (I think 5 new in Phoenix is considered low now, actually). That is going to help out our area a lot. We are baptizing our investigaters, which is really good, but it drains our teaching pool.
So now we're getting some new people to teach. The miracles keep coming in.
We had a baptism on Saturday for a woman named Lee Ann. I can't remember if I told you about her last week, but I'll tell you again anyway. The bishop of one of our wards got a phone call saying there was a lady that lived in his ward boundries that was being taught in the Tempe Mission and was going to be baptized. They called because they needed his permission to baptize her in the Tempe Mission. He said no, she needs to get baptized in her ward and she needs to meet the people in her ward so she can get fellowshipped in (otherwise she would probably go less active right after the baptism). We found out that the Tempe missionaries were teaching someone in our area and our mission (which is against missionary rules-- they should have turned her over to us). But we got it straightened out and got her baptized this last Saturday, so all is well. She's a super nice lady, and we're excited to have her in the church.
We have two baptisms coming up this Saturday, so we're excited about that as well. I think I told you a little bit about them last week. Elsa is in her 60's, and the missionaries found her after her dog ran away (she was really upset about that). We ended up teaching her, convincing her to give up coffee, and now she's getting baptized. Roy moved into our area from somewhere else in the Zone. He's been taught forever, but health reasons always prevented him from getting baptized. I guess when your in your 70's, your health isn't all that good anymore. Anyway, his health is finally holding up, and he's ready to be baptized.
Other than that, we continue to find and work. And judge Chilli cook off's (chilli here just isn't the same. The winning one was a BBQ flavor chilli. . . what's up with that?) Alex puts ketchup on his burrito's? HOLY CHALUPA! He puts what on what? That just aint right. But I guess he can always move to Arizona. ;-)
Oh, and question for you:My MP3 player is on it's last leg. That is, it's almost dead. The battery doesn't last very long anymore, and it randomly does whatever it wants (restarts songs, changes albums/playlists, skips songs, etc.). So I was wondering what you think I should do. Should I buy one here and try to have a member load music on it, or do you want to pick one up for me and send it to me, or should I buy one and send it home so you can load music on it, or should I just give up and buy one when I get home (or take my Zune back ;-]). . . . ? Let me know what you think.

BTW, I'm practicing sneaking little children candies and goodies-- after their mom says no-- just for my new niece or nephew. :-P

Thanks, and I love you all.
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment