Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 9, 2009

TRANSFER NEWS...
Hey family, Yes, yes, I know that you have all been losing sleep over transfer news-- you've been up late at night thinking "where is Elder Mace going to be spending the next 6 weeks of his life? Is he a new AP?" (yeah right, lol. Can you say no to pres. Bassett? j/k) "Is he a Jr. comp. again? Is he in a threesome? On the indian res.?" Have you had enough of this yet? IS THE SUSPENSE JUST ABSOLUTELY KILLING YOU?! . . . What? Why not. . . ? So guess what? I'm staying in the same area, as is my greenie Elder Christensen. Nope, no changes here. I actually broke the Two Transfer Curse in this area: no missionary in the past year or so has stayed in this area longer than two transfers. This will be my third. Curse broken. :-) I think they figure the area is already ruined, why send me somewhere where I can do more damage. lol. No, the area is actually just starting to take off, which is really great!
We're still trying to get Angie transferred over to the new elders-- turns out she's actually in the Tempe Mission now. Argh! But that means we get to teach her for a little longer until we get things set up. :-) We're teaching her tonight, and then next time we'll probably be meeting her and the other elders at the Visitors Center (I almost wrote VC, but I realized you probably wouldn't have understood that) to swap her over.
Not much excitement happened this week. Taught more lessons than previous weeks, which is good. Works finally starting to pick up a bit. Let's hope it continues.
--Elder Mace

No comments:

Post a Comment