Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 17, 2009

My weeks been pretty lame. ..
All of our appointments except maybe four cancelled on us, so we taught almost no one all week. Twas one of the slowest weeks of my mission. But good news! Remember Angie? If you don't, you should really start memorizing my letters. lol....... Well, she started going to another church with her brother and stopped coming to the YSA ward, so we met with her and taught her a bit. We found out she's been busy with work/school and hasn't been reading or praying much. So we talked to her and testified that she needed to do those things, and if she did she would come to know they're true. She was saying that she felt confused-- she didn't know if she should stick with her church or change to ours. We told her she needed to ask God through prayer and scripture study. The spirit was pretty strong there. That was all Sunday night. Monday afternoon (yesterday) she called us up and said "Hey! I was just reading in second Nephi and I was looking at the foot notes, and I saw here where is says. . .and she read the foot note to me to . . . in the new testament. And there's a foot note there that took me to Isaiah. That is soo neat! It even says the same things!" So she's really excited again about studying the gospel. She called us, even! No ones done that except on those rare occasions when they decide to tell us they won't be home for their appointment (usually they just aren't there when we show up-- or their hiding. j/k). So that was good. Hopefully we'll have a date set with her next week. Stay tuned for that story. :-)
I gotta go soon.
Love ya.--Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment