Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31, 2010

Well today's emails came with bitter sweetness....  This is our 100th posting to Jason's blog, and his last email as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  One week from now Elder Mace will be home and released from his mission.  
    His "family" email was short today, as he took the time to email us each of us individually.  Which I will not post to this blog as they were personal for each of us.  Jason has grown tremendously these last two years and he is very grateful that he was able to serve our Heavenly Father in the great land of Mesa Arizona.  A true witness to those who are waiting for calls to the mission field, that the Lord truly knows where you are needed.   Elder Mace accomplished so much while serving in Scottsdale, Mesa (two different areas), Central Phoenix, Apache Junction, and finishing up in Snow Flake.  What a great blessing it was to our family to have Jason serve so diligently!  We are so proud of him! 
    Through out his mission, many things happened in our home, that would have given him many chances to just decide that he was going to quit and come home.  Starting with Hurricane Ike that came just after entering the MTC.  Then not ONE but TWO of his sisters got married.  (And Jason is VERY close to his sisters, so we know this was very hard for him to miss out on).  He was very concerned for months about his sister Kellie and the medical issues she was going through.  And to top it off, as soon as Kellie's surgery was over, he got news that his dad was seriously ill and would be in the hospital for 81 long days.  Still Jason moved on.  Never giving up!  And the Lord blessed him by keeping him extremely busy.  Oh and of course, He even became an Uncle! 
   There were also some very personal experiences that our family went through, that I'm sure broke Jason's heart, but still, he knew he had to keep going.  And he and our family was blessed for his dedication and service.  We are so grateful for his service and his willingness to endure to the end.  Jason's life has been
changed for the good!

    Here is the short email we received that we will share....

I love you all and hope you each got my email. I don't have time to give you a report of my week, but a quick update:
 
Damon and Dillon were baptized. It was a great experience for the family.
 
(The girl) is still struggling with her family's support. But she's still strong and "bearing with patience [her] adversity." Things will work out.
 
We have three baptisms still set for September, but all for after I come home.
 
I'll miss the mission a lot, but I love you all and I am looking forward to seeing you all. I'll give you a VIVID report when I come home.
 
I have to go now. Don't bother to try to email me, 'cause I won't get it.
 
Love you.
Elder Jason Mace

No comments:

Post a Comment