Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 10, 2010

Hey family!
 
How is everything going? I enjoyed the pictures of Camren eating the green beans. But the poor child doesn't realize that he's eating vegetables! Someone really needs to give him deep fried Cheerios quickly! Otherwise-- for the rest of his life-- he might eat. . . . healthy things! *shudder* Don't worry, uncle Elder Mace is coming to save you because aunt Kaydee's not doing her job right! ;-)
 
I got your package, by the way, on August 4th. Perfect timing. :-) Of course I waited until the 5th to open it. My companion thought I lost it, waiting to open a package. Anyway, thank you so much. I haven't had a chance to make the cakes yet, but I am planning on it. Who would be crazy enough to eat something that I make, I don't know-- I might have to make them think someone else made it-- but I am planning on it. Maybe for district meeting a week from tomorrow.
 
And Addison got baptized! I still can't believe she's that old. Oh, wait! How old is Logan now?! Please tell Addie that I said congratulations and she's awesome, if you didn't already.
 
Yesterday was Zone Conferrence with President Ellsworth. It was our first real zone conferrence with him, and it was great. I can see how the mission will continue to progress under his direction. The work will move forward even faster now with some of the new things that will be happening. One of the main things that we talked about was love, and showing our love for everyone like the Savior would if He were here.
 
At the end of Zone Conference, all of the missionaries that are going home share their testimonies. Since it was just the Snowflake zone that was there, there was only one missionary in the zone going home. Guess who that was? . . . . Me. Before that it hadn't really hit me that I am going home soon. But it hit me like a ton of bricks at that point. Of course I almost started crying; I've gotten emotional in my old age, apparently.
 
This week was amazing, too, in the sheer number of miracle that we saw. It was really crazy. We found new people that we will start teaching soon, a lot of them we found in some really crazy ways. One was a random house we knocked on, the occupant of which happened to be a member, and she happened to know one of her neighbors that might be interested. She had meant to tell us about him for months, but never did. Turns out her neighbor was interested.
 
We also had some people that we are teaching come to church-- FINALLY-- after we've been trying to convince them to come and give it a try for weeks.  And they had a great experience, which is the best part. Everything has really picked up this week. Hopefully the blessings and the miracles will continue to come. The Lord does his work well, that's all there is to it.
 
It rained a lot again this week, and the roads were SUPER muddy. My bike is now covered in mud and clay, and it has a flat tire. Wonderful. They just had to put a biking area up North. lol. It's been really fun to bike around in the rain, though.
 
And we played golf today, which is why we are a bit late getting online today. We had a group playing that was too big, so it went slow. . . . But it was fun anyway.
 
I know Elder Kunz a little bit. I don't know the other one, and probably won't now, lol. Speaking of missionaries from Houston, yesterday Elder Coffman came back to visit the mission and his old areas. :-) He's from Katy.
 
So that's about all for my week. Or at least that all I have time for, 'cause I gotta go.
 
Love you all,
Elder Jason Mace

No comments:

Post a Comment