Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27, 2010

***  After this email, we chatted about his coming home plans...  no decision has been made yet as to if Rick and I will fly out to get him or not.  He still has NOT heard anything about coming home plans yet, so we are all still in the dark.  Only thing we decide was that some how,  He wants to somehow visit with Kassie & Joe in AZ before he comes home. So I will be talking with the Mission President at some point in the future to see how we can get that arranged.....

Hola familia!

How is everyone doing this week? Things are going good here. My gracious companion and Zone leader have been reminding me ALL WEEK that this is my last transfer. . . . How kind. . . . Elder Hilton (our zone leader) stayed with us all week because, like I mentioned last week, his companion Elder Jenkins is an assistant down in Scottsdale, now. It's been interesting trying to help him get member companions arranged and worrying about our own area as well. But we all survived the week and now he is on his way to Scottsdale to get his new companion.

Anyway. Does anyone care to hear about transfer news? Oh yes!

There are a lot of exciting things happening, so brace yourselves. I am staying a district leader in snowflake, and I am keeping my companion, Elder Lerwill. Yeah, nothing changed. But they created a new district in the zone, so now my district has been cut in half. I went from having the largest district in the mission to a small district of us and two other companionships. Oh well. Other than that, nothing has changed for me.

To answer mom and dad's emails, I haven't heard anything about going home yet. They don't have a fireside in this mission like mom described in her email as far as I know. In our mission, on the last day in the mission (Monday Sept 6th) we should be going to the mission office for dinner with the mission president. That's about all that I know. No one has called or emailed me to ask about coming home plans, so I don't know. They probably will ask-- eventually-- if I plan on driving home of flying home. I'm not sure when they plan on getting a hold of me to find out, or if they will call you. . . . But as far as driving or flying, I don't care either way. On the one hand I wouldn't mind getting back to the family and friends quicker, but on the other hand I wouldn't mind introducing you to some of the amazing people that I've been able to work with. So whatever you want to do. And I definitely want to see Kassie and Joe in less than a year! I don't know what you can arrange for that, but I really want to see everyone (obviously). Joe doesn't really need school, does he? Just kidding. To sum up everything, I'm basically as lost and clueless about going home plans as everyone else.

This week we had Aaron's Baptism. That was great! He was really excited for it. Unfortunately, because of the big 24th of July celebrations, not many people turned out to support him at his baptism. But it was still a really good experience for him. I certainly felt the spirit there as we all participated. The person who was supposed to conduct didn't come, so I got to conduct the baptism, and that was a great experience as well.

Also in celebration of the 24th of July, the youth of the Snowflake and Taylor stakes put on a play called "What Power Shall Stay the Heavens?" A play about the life of Joseph Smith. It was alright for a play put on by a bunch of 12-18 year olds. It went twice a day from Wednesday to Sunday. We got to see is at least 4 times out of the 10 times that they showed the play, lol. On the last night we brought some people to watch the play, and it was completely packed! The only reason we got in was because they managed to jam some extra chairs into the theater in random places.

The 24th was crazy for us as well. The population of this small town quadruples (at least!) for the parades, rodeos, fairs, dances, plays, craft sales, reunions, etc. It's crazy. As missionaries we try to talk to everyone that we see. Good luck with that on the 24th here! There were huge mobs of people walking around. And then at night it cleared out, and then it just poured rain. Like Houston rain, and it actually lasted more than a few minutes. Luckily we were with Elder Hilton in his truck when it rained. ;-)

That's pretty much all of the most exciting things that happened this week.

I love you all,
Elder Jason Mace

No comments:

Post a Comment