Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22, 2010

Hey family!

How's it going?

Dad, sorry again but happy late Father's day. . . lol. I'll try to get better at this. . . .

So I was glad to hear that brother Ross called. He's a great guy, and a really on-the-ball ward mission leader. AND I AM NOT SHY!!! People said that a lot because Elder Dursteller talked a lot and it was hard for me to get a word in. lol. Sorry I never told you about Corey, by the way. He's awesome too, and I have no doubt that he'll be getting baptized very soon. Having him teach us was not my idea, though. I just presented it to Brother Ross. The idea was Elder Moore's and mine, probably more Elder Moore's. And no, I didn't tell him that I was going to be a district leader, I don't usually mention that except to ya'll (I had to use "ya'll" :-]). I don't know if I even told the members that we lived with. I don't think I did. I didn't tell them that I was a Zone leader in my last area either, until Sister Allan complained that Elder Mackie didn't tell her he was an assistant to the president before he came into the area. She said it took him a whole three weeks to tell her. I figured since I had been there for three months I might mention it, lol. Anywho. . . .

Sometimes I do want to throw it out there though, because some members have no faith in missionaries and question everything we teach and do. Last night was kind of funny, for example. We were teaching someone named Jenell, and her friend was there who is a member. We started to set a baptismal date and the friend cut in and said "Wait! How long have you been teaching her for?" I know what I'm doing! lol. It's hard to leave a Zone Leader area because all of the members trust you and stick up for you. In other areas, not so much.

And speaking of cars-- though we weren't-- district leaders don't need cars, so I evidently don't need a car. . . . Only Zone Leaders and Assistants have a car no matter what. I hadn't thought about how I was the only one in my district without a car until you all mentioned it, so thanks a lot! lol. This area is crazy too-- it's really windy and there are hills everywhere. No matter where you go it's either uphill or down hill. Usually uphill, and against the wind. Man! Luckily it has been beautiful weather up here. It feels sooooooooo much better than Mesa. My companion complains a lot though. He's from Idaho and can't take the 80 degree weather. . . . :-p

It's a really small town, too, with nothing close by. I'm not used to that at all. There's no Wal Mart! There are a ton of members here, and so there is obviously a lot of Less Active work going on. But actually, the "teaching pool," or the number of people that we are teaching, is a lot higher up here than it was in Mesa. Amazing, huh? The missionary that I replaced was a REALLY good one, so the work is going great right now. My goal is mostly not to ruin it.

And mom: you would be so proud. I used a coupon for the first time a few weeks ago, and savde some $15 on a razor and some blades and some shaving cream. (I had to stop using the electric one when I was back in Phoenix; it was so dry that my skin couldn't take the electric one. I can't wait to get back to some humidity.)

And it's crazy that Nathan's coming home soon. Tell Nathan's family not to get too trunky. Or at least not to sound like it when they email him. :-)

We had a great day yesterday, too. We started teaching a family: Lamondo, his son Miles, and his grandma. His wife is a member, which is part of the reason why he wants to learn about the gospel. It was great talking to him. We asked him at the end if he would mind saying a prayer to close, but he refused and wanted Elder Lerwill to say it instead. After the prayer he said he was sorry, but he wanted to hear us pray, because that was how he could hear our conviction and our beliefs. I thought that was kind of profound. Anyway, great family.

And we have a baptism coming up this Saturday. Yay! Brandi is getting baptized, and she's of course really excited. We're going by today to get everything finalized for the baptism.

And on Thursday we have a temple trip in Mesa with President Bassett. I think it's kind of a farewell for him. I've really loved working with him. He's an inspired man. It'll be a 3 hour drive there that we'll make Wed. night and we'll head back Thursday afternoon.
As far as the new mission is concerned.... I know the reservations are out of the mission,(will be in New Mexico mission). Snow Flake is in the Arizona mission still. That's about the extent of what I know, lol.


That's about it for my week. I love you all and hope things go well for you.
Ok, I gotta go, but be on next week. Love you.

Uncle Elder Jason Mace
The coolest biking DL in all of Snowflake, Arizona, USA, Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment