Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 15, 2010

Hey family!

First of all:

SORRY DAD! Happy Birthday. I completely forgot to tell you. But, on the bright side, you are the only one who's gotten a birthday card from me, lol.

Now to less important things. TRANSFER NEWS:

So, you should have gotten a phone call already from a guy named Dave Ross. He asked for your phone number and said that he was going to call you. He was my ward mission leader in the singles ward (Mesa 54th ward, Maricopa North stake). But just in case you didn't get the update from him, I'll tell you the big news: Yes, I did in fact get transferred. (Hence why I am emailing you so late. This will probably be my last area, so I had better like it, huh?) I am now in the Africa Ghana South Greek Speaking mission. No joke. Really. I'm serious. It was a surprise to me too. Okay, so I'm in Snow Flake.

Wait! I'm in SNOW FLAKE! Cool weather, away from the 150 degree desert that I was in before. lol. And guess what else? All of the areas up North are car areas, because they're too big for bikes. Trucks, actually. Except for one area-- only one-- a small bike area in Snowflake. Guess who's in that one bike area? Yeah, me. Go figure. lol. I'm still biking. I don't know where in Snow Flake I am, I'm really lost and confused right now. I may give you more information on my area later on.

And the letter you got was probably because I was assigned to be a District Leader up here. I'm pretty excited about that-- never been one before, but I think it will be fun. It's a lot more involved than being a Zone Leader (ZL's do more background stuff). So it will be fun to give this a try. I kind of did this whole leadership thing backwards, being a Zone Leader and then a District Leader. But oh well.

My new companion is Elder Lerwill (I think that's how you spell it). He's been out for 6 weeks, and he's from Idaho.

And you can tell president Eullit that I have no "great grand kids" 'cause my son won't have any kids! He's too busy being a zone leader. lol. It looks like I won't train again, so he's my only shot at great great great grand kids.

So, before I left, Jaime got baptized. He was really excited, and the service was great. The whole ward really participated and made it a great experience for him. I wasn't able to go to the confirmation the next day, as I had to go to another ward that meets at the same time, but I heard that was also really good.

It's been really hard to say bye to people, too. I'm really going to miss people in my last area. It was a really good area, and I really grew to love the people there. Hopefully the same will happen here. I can't wait to hear about what's going to happen over there in the next transfer or two. Big miracles are going to be happening all over, no doubt.

Well, not much more exciting going on here. I am really tired after the 3 hour drive up here, plus the all-night packing that I had to do to be ready to come here. But I won't be able to sleep 'cause I already don't have enough time to get everything done that I need to today. Oh well.

I love you all and hope your week goes good.
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment